Thursday, July 26, 2012

Savannah, Georgia: Part 2

More pictures of Savannah, Georgia!

Chippewa Square, my favorite square right next to my favorite coffee shop, The Gallery Espresso. Apparently this is the square where all the bench shots in Forest Gump was filmed :)
The Crab Shack on Tybee Island. I personally don't like sea food so I wasn't impressed, but I feel like ever tourist on the island has to eat here once. They have huge sea food platers and a trash can under the table with a hole over it so you can throw away all the shells and what not. It is outside and they have a gator pit that's entertaining!
Sweet Potatoes! An amazing southern restaurant off of Waters, home of the world's best banana pudding according to the Food Network show, Man vs. Food!! 
Another must do while in Savannah. Mrs. Wilkes is a family style restaurant where you sit a table with a group of around 10 people. All the food is served in bowls and on platters that are passed around the table. It's delicious southern food and it's really fun talking to the other people at your table!
Bonaventure Cemetery is a little drive outside of downtown, but it use to be home to the Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil statue that's extremely famous to Savannah!! The statue has been moved to a museum, but the cemetery is still worth a visit. John Mercer and other significant people to Savannah are buried there, but it's located right on the water with a pretty view!

Like I said, I had a bucket list to do while I was here. Here's my list, the one's with a strickthrough are places I've been, including all the photographed ones already posted plus places I didn't take pictures at. There are some places I haven't gotten to and hope I can in future visits!
  • Old Town Trolley
  • ShopSCAD
  • Ghost Tour
  • The Breakfast Club on Tybee Island
  • Savannah Bee Company
  • Chippewa Square
  • Forsyth Park
  • Huey's on River St.
  • Vinny Van Go-Go
  • B. Matthews Eatery on Bay St.
  • Gallery Espresso on Bull St.
  • The Cotton Exchange on River St.
  • The Cookie Bar
  • Gryphon Tea Room
  • Kayak on Moon River
  • Back In The Day Bakery on Bull St.
  • Leopold's Ice Cream
  • Wormsloe Plantation
  • Bonaventure Cemetery
  • Ice cream in a Square
  • The Lady and Sons
  • A Sand Gnats Game
  • SCAD Museum of Art
  • Bluff Drive
  • Old Pink House
  • Scad Theater
  • Ships of the Sea Maritime Museum
  • Tybee Island Light Station and Museum
  • Ogeechee Canal Trails
  • Fort Pulaski
  • Broughton Street Bistro
  • Sisters of the new South on Skidaway Rd.
  • Sweet Potatoes on Waters
  • Palm Avenue: A Lilly Pulitzer Signature Store

I may have to edit this post after this weekend since it's my last weekend here! Until then, stay sweet & sassy! xx

4 comments:

  1. While you visit the Gryphon Tea Room, you should go in St. John's Episcopal, the Green Meldrim House, and Shaver's Bookstore. That's Madison Square and my very favorite! I wish I lived in one of the houses on the square, St. John's is my church and the Green Meldrim House is our parish house! Also, you need to grab lunch at Papillote on Broughton St, and visit the Paris Market. If you're outdoorsy, while you're there on Broughton you should check out Half Moon Outfitters! Have fun! I'm sad to see your stay is almost up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my roommates & I are planning on spending Saturday downtown so we're probably going to have lunch at either the tea room or Papillote! I have been in the Paris Market! & I'm sure we'll go again on Sunday because we loved it :) But thank you for your suggestions!! I'll definitely keep all of these places in mind!!

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Savannah but I'm DYING to go! Your pictures are beautiful and I enjoyed hearing about all the fun places to eat and see :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked my pictures!! Savannah is a beautiful place and a must see in the south :) xx

      Delete