Monday, June 18, 2012

Boyfriend's Birthday Weekend!

Sorry for my lack of blogging! I've actually been busy with my internship and traveling back home on the weekends that I haven't had time to sit down for a post! Thankfully this past weekend my boyfriend came to visit me in Savannah, GA where we were able to celebrate his birthday that's coming up on June 19th (tomorrow!). Not only was I super excited to see him but I was also super excited to give him his presents :) One I had been working on for a couple of weeks, and the others I had ordered about a month in advance (better earlier than later).

All of his presents!

His gifts consisted of 2 Southern Tide frocket t-shirts, a Southern Tide colligate polo, and wooden Kappa Sigma letters. I got the letters from B Crafty, they were the cheapest place I could find just completely plain wooden greek letters. They were a little rough when I got them so I bought some sand paper from Wal-Mart and smoothed them down before painting them with normal acrylic paint and modpodging to seal. It was a fun craft for me and now he can add some decorations to his bare room in the fraternity house (sorry babe, but you know it's true!).

Saturday morning we woke up decently early to eat breakfast at a place called The Breakfast Club on Tybee Island.

My waffle, sausage and coffee.

The place was soo good! Even though the line was down the side walk outside, we still didn't wait more than 20 minutes and after ordering our food was ready in 10. The menu mainly consists on omelets, which I am not a fan of eggs so I stuck with a waffle since they didn't have pancakes. The waffle with really good and so was the sausage which they warned would be a little spicy but I thought it was perfect. Boyfriend liked his omelet and hashbrowns and was very full afterwards. The place is located on 15th street so we were able to leave our car parked there and take the boardwalk at the end of the road to the beach. The weather was beautiful! Warm but not too hot thanks to the breeze and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. 

Boyfriend showing off his new t-shirt on the beach

After a long day on the beach I promised boyfriend a home cooked dinner for his birthday. I made Crispy Chicken with Creamy Italian Pasta. The chicken was really good, but I was not impressed with the creamy sauce. Maybe I'm just super picky about it being from a pre-made cooking cream, but boyfriend liked it which is all that matters! Saturday night I had made reservations for us to go on a Ghost and Gravestones tour in downtown Savannah. It was really fun! But next time we want to try a ghost tour that's all on foot, this one was spent mainly on the trolley where we would have liked to explore the places a little more. We ended the night stopping by Hueys on River Street for beignets and coffee! Yum!

Sunday morning I made boyfriend a special birthday breakfast. I tried an idea I saw on pinterest of pancake muffins with sausage in them. 

The pancake muffins with sausage in them before baking

Now there wasn't a specific recipe and instructions so I'll do a separate post to explain exactly what I did, but they turned out amazingly! They were delicious! I also made a little fruit bowl.

Fruit bowl!

It was all yummy :) After breakfast we went downtown to my new favorite area my roommates and I discovered last week. We walked around Colonial Cemetery, Chippewa Square, and Broughton Street. We stopped for iced coffee and some sweets at The Gallery Espresso on Bull Street, it's an adorable coffee shop that has delicious drinks and treats. Boyfriend had to leave mid-afternoon so that's the extent of my exciting weekend. Since I didn't go home all I could give my dad was a phone call for father's day! I'll be seeing him and my mom on the week of July 4th for our annual trip up to Greenport, NY! I can't wait to see all my family up there and enjoy one of my favorite places to visit! Here's some more photos from the weekend.

A gorgeous Catholic church downtown. We're planning on going to mass next weekend!

Historic Downtown Savannah

River Street view

Colonial Cemetery

Chippewa Square



Until next time! Stay sweet & sassy! xx


No comments:

Post a Comment